INSTRUCTIONS FOR OPERATING A FOLDING SHERMAN LIVE ANIMAL TRAP
DIAGRAM OF A SHERMAN TRAP
Instructions for Operating a Folding Sherman Live Animal Trap
- Test treadle sensitivity by depressing front door until it engages the treadle catch. Tap trap lightly on bottom. The front door should spring shut. If it does not, using your finger or thumb, manually adjust the treadle catch slightly and test again. Pull the catch toward you for less sensitivity and away from you for more sensitivity. Adjustments will usually be very minor, if required at all.
- To bait (A peanut butter and bird seed mix makes a good bait choice.): Place bait on finger, depress back door and put the bait at the top of the lip of the door. It will move down naturally. Or you can place the bait in the back of the trap by depressing the front door and using a tongue depressor or other object, place the bait on the back door. Make sure you do not get the bait under the treadle, or the trap will not function properly.
- To set the trap: Depress front door until it engages the treadle catch.
- Set trap gently in place.
- Check trap frequently for captured prey, or at least every 12 hours.
Traps can be cleaned by using a 1:50 Lysol/water solution.
If you have additional questions, please contact us at 850-575-8727 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proudly Made in the USA! Thank you for supporting our small, third generation, woman- owned business!